Toothbrushes are essential for oral care, and oral care they say is key to your general well-being. I know we all value our well-being because I do. Statistics from the world dental federation establish that about 3.5 billion people globally suffer from oral diseases. This is scary enough to make you want to prioritize oral care. An essential oral care routine involved brushing and flossing. Failure to adhere to this routine is the leading cause of oral diseases. Brushing and flossing have a Siamese relationship. They are designed to depend on one another to help you achieve oral care.
It would be impossible to do justice to the subject of oral care without talking about toothbrushes. Toothbrushes have progressed in terms of development from manual to electric. And now the most recent, which is sonic.
WHAT ARE SONIC TOOTHBRUSHES?
Sonic toothbrushes are a set of modern and improved versions of pre-existing toothbrushes. They are designed to apply a unique technology in the cleaning process to achieve maximum oral care at once. The sonic toothbrush functions by vibrating rigorously to emit sonic and ultrasound waves.
WHY THE SONIC TOOTHBRUSH IS A BETTER CHOICE?
The sonic toothbrush has been said to be a better choice to help achieve the purpose of brushing and flossing. The sonic toothbrush has the following features that make them unique and a better oral care tool.
- The number of strokes: The sonic toothbrush can give up to 40000 brush strokes for every minute, unlike the manual toothbrush, which can only achieve 300, or the electric, which can only achieve 7000 brush strokes. Compared to the other toothbrushes, the sonic toothbrush offers more than four times the cleaning power you can achieve from other toothbrushes.
- Greater plaque removing qualities: These toothbrushes come with a smaller head compared to manual toothbrushes. This helps the brush reach every corner of your mouth better. Also, when you have your brush moving over your teeth with that many strokes, you can be sure every plaque or food particle will be removed completely.
- Saliva stimulant: The rigorous movement which causes a sonic wave helps to stimulate the salivary gland to produce more saliva. This saliva serves as fluid in the cleaning process of your mouth. Beyond the cleaning usage, it is an excellent cure for those who suffer from dry mouth.
- Flossing ability: This is my personal best feature. The unique ability of flossing is one feature that makes the sonic toothbrush better than other kinds. The fast movement of the brush bristle gives room for saliva, oxygen, water, and toothpaste to be well distributed all over the teeth. This way, they get to the gum edges and in between the teeth to carefully help you floss and remove any food particles.
- Removes discoloration: The ability to administer a lot of brush strokes within a minute makes it have a higher brushing frequency. With this comes the ability to eliminate any possible discoloration and make your teeth whiter naturally.
- Gentle on the teeth and gum: It is gentle on both the teeth and gum. There is no risk of injury to the gum while cleaning despite the frequency. It also massages your gum and boosts blood circulation in your gum.
- A great fit for every category of persons: People with braces especially often have difficulty choosing a toothbrush. The sonic toothbrush is friendly to people with braces, children, aged, and even those limited in terms of mobility.
- Oral diseases: The sonic toothbrush helps to fight against oral infections like gum disease, tooth decay, gingivitis, and even bad breath. They are all caused by overstayed food particles in your mouth or teeth. This gives room for the growth of bacteria-causing pathogens.
- Most effortless usage: The fact that you don’t have to scrub with your wrist moving all around is another quality of ease. This does not only make it easier but saves time. Rather than having to brush for 5 minutes or more in the case of the manual toothbrushes, you would be done in two minutes with sonic toothbrushes. And you would get more value for the two minutes spent on your oral care.
Beyond these listed features, some specific brands even offer more unique features like an automated timer or UV sanitizers to kill bacteria. It is also important to understand that sonic toothbrushes do not entirely serve the function of flossing 100 percent. But when I know many people like me and do not floss regularly, the sonic toothbrush should be your special oral care tool. This way, you can be exempted from the population suffering from oral diseases.
Now that you know, do you think the listed features do make the sonic toothbrushes special?